Wednesday 21 August 2013

Abstract

My first blog post, my first blog.  I'm convinced I'll fall into more of a style as I continue to post, but I figure the best way to get somewhere is to just start.

My aim for this blog is to share the ways I use the two months of the summer to make changes that will positively effect my lifestyle, my family's health, my parenting, my home, my relationships.

And a bit about me:  I'm Rhea, I'm 29 years old, I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.  I've been married to my husband Andy for 3 years so far, and we have a two-year-old son, Oskar.  I am a public school teacher from September to June, and that's why I've got these two months every year to make focus on improving things in my life.  I value kindness, music, calm, peace and fresh air.  I like food, reading, writing and performing music, and teaching adolescents.  (Reading those last two sentences, I sound like a real bore-- I'm actually frazzled, funny, honest and crass, sloppy, passionate, lazy and awkward).

I don't know if it's getting older, being a home owner, being a wife or becoming a mom, but something in me has changed.  I need to really become that woman I want to be, and I know myself;  I need to take baby steps.  I'm fickle and results-oriented, so I need to use this blog to stick me to my guns because I won't get skinny by just eating a salad for supper.

I want to work on:

Painting the inside of our condo.

De-cluttering and organizing.

Getting my ass to the gym regularly.

Trying new things in the kitchen.

Being a fun mom with lots of energy and patience.

Staying romantic and connected with my husband.

Using my bicycle more for errands (someday I'll commute by bike!)

I have already made a couple steps in the right direction on practically all of those areas, but there is much more to come.  I hope you will be able to relate to my experiences and share yours.






No comments:

Post a Comment